Happy Planner January Week 3 - 52 Weeks of Planner Lettering

Since its my birthday week, this weeks planner layout is outfitted in my favorite colors - black, tiffany blue, and gold. I was also lucky that my friend gifted me this beautiful bouquet of flowers and I completely adore them. I think I may have to get flowers every week now, because they truly liven up these layouts. Continuing the challenge of lettering in my planner, I was forced to get better at managing my type with all of the happenings and to-do's this week. I'm really happy with how everything turned out.



When I first started making the create an evaluation formfamily meeting, and kaikalino block, I really thought that they would be too much next to each other. I am trying to get better about mixing design elements and choosing different font styles and I think they actually compliment each other while standing on their own.  I'm quite happy with how the flowers and "hanging" sign turned out - you'll probably be seing tons of hanging sign variations in the coming weeks!


Oh my wreath. I'm so excited with how this wreath turned out. Like any local girl, I found any excuse to incorporate ʻōhiʻa lehua, maile, and an odd and failed attempt at lauaʻe in my illustrations. 


If theres any one block that I'm not satisfied with, its most definitely this project wrap up block. I think I mustve had creativity block or something, but I can't believe that I didn't use some straight edge to make sure my letters were consistent and even in height. Well, we either win or we learn and this is definitely a block to learn from.






Well, heres to another successful week. As I'm doing these I recognize how fast time is flying by. How is it that we're already three weeks into 2018! With only 49 weeks of layouts left, I need to start getting more creative. Perhaps I need to add some other challenge element? Things to ponder...

Comments